Thursday, October 6, 2016

Book Tasting!

Book Tasting in Room 102!   
  
Today, all students in Room 102 were invited to El Restaurante de Frame for our first book tasting of the year! As much as I wish I could take credit for this awesome activity, I cannot.


“If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.”


When I stumbled upon this J.K. Rowling quote, I was on a mission to find an engaging and fun activity to get these third graders excited about reading. The students arrived after lunch to a classroom transformed into a fine-dining experience and “Chef Frame” at the door taking reservations. I have never seen so much excitement about books! It was a gigantic success and a great way to sample or get a “taste” of lots of different books. The kids were told to be risk-takers and stay open-minded when choosing a book. I was impressed with how well they did that. During the book tasting, they jotted notes onto their “menus” and filled their bookmarks with a list of books they can’t wait to read.  No more, "I don't have a good book to read!" excuses in this classroom! Enjoy your long weekend with this spectacular fall weather!





Here is a link to the book tasting video:


**Thanks to Mr. Abbott for help with the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment